School Council Job Description
In the loving peace, justice and joy of Jesus, we achieve
- To be an excellent role model for other pupils – live out our Mission.
- To represent the views of others, even when they may not agree with that view.
- Contribute and share ideas and thinking at meetings.
- Ensure that whatever is being discussed by the council is shared with your class.
- To attend regular meetings.
- To work effectively in a specific role e.g. secretary.
- To listen to the views of the children and feedback clearly to the School Council and the rest of the School.
- To think creatively and introduce ideas and initiatives to enhance the school environment.
- Be representatives of the school – including taking responsibility to report any poor behaviour on the playground.
- To be able to verbally communicate clearly and appropriately to pupils across school. This may be in a small group, a classroom or leading full school assemblies.
- To communicate respectfully with pupils and staff.