Key Stage 1
Autumn Term 2018
This term our topic is
We will discover where Australia is in the world.
We will learn about the vast oceans that surround this amazing continent.
We will find out about the weather and compare it with the weather in the United Kingdom.
Here are some interesting facts that you can learn straight away:
1. Australia is the world's smallest continent.
2. It is the sixth largest country in the world.
3. It is surrounded by the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean.
4. A desert area known as the 'outback' covers much of the land.
5. Australia has lots of unique animals such as the koala, kangaroo, emu, kookaburra and platypus.
See if you can find out some interesting facts about Australia.
These are the stories that we will focus on in our English lessons:
We will be visiting the 'Ancient High House' in Stafford.
In our history lessons we will learn about the 'Great Fire of London'. We will take a walk through time in the largest remaining timber framed town house in England and find out what it was like to live over 400 years ago.