Key Stage 1
Spring Term 2019
Jesus is our Good Shepherd and we try our hardest to follow Him in all we think, say and do. By following his example we try to be the very best disciple we can be at all times.
We reflect and pray together each day ensuring Christ is at the centre of all we do.
This term our topic is
We will learn about the life of the famous author and illustrator Beatrix Potter.
Here are some interesting facts about Beatrix Potter.
1. She was born in London in 1866.
2. Her family was very rich.
3. Rich Victorian girls did not go to school. She had lessons at home with a governess.
4. She often went on family holidays to the countryside.
5. Beatrix and her brother Bertram loved looking at trees, plants and animals. They loved drawing them.
6. Her schoolroom in London was full of little animals such as insects, butterflies, mice, frogs, hedgehogs, rabbits and even bats.
7. She would draw them and make up stories about them.
Try making up stories about animals that you like.
We will also be learning about the United Kingdom. We will understand that
the United Kingdom is a union of four countries.
and will use atlases and maps to locate each country.
These are the stories that we will focus on in our English lessons:
We will be visiting the Falconry Centre at Webbs in West Hagley.
Safer Internet Day 5th February 2019